Are you the one who has somehow been embarrassed in public for being unable to turn the sounds off on Instagram stories? An unknown bug within the Instagram app is the reason behind this. Here, you will learn how to fix the issue and how to turn off sound on Instagram stories.
Complains Raised on Twitter
Recently, many complaints have been raised on Twitter by some frustrated users who cannot turn off sound on IG stories.
Here you can see in this image,
- Amber Butler is asking whether she is the one who is unable to turn off the sound on Instagram stories.
- Edu Questor is questioning how to turn off sound on Instagram stories.
- Huston stated that it is very annoying that he has to put his phone on silent mode to watch Instagram stories every time. He wants to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Turn off sound while watching Instagram Stories
Have you ever thought about no-sound Instagram Stories?
Instagram feeds do have an option to turn off sound by using the volume icon at the extreme right-hand side of the feed. Also, you can turn off the sound of Instagram reels by tapping on the mobile screen.
However, this feature is not present on Instagram stories. So, how can you disable sound in an Instagram story? Here are the steps to follow.
- Select the Instagram Story that’s playing sound.
- Press and hold the volume button down until the phone’s sound is turned off.
Now, you can watch Instagram stories without sound.
It will be better if you put your phone in silent mode before watching the stories. So, all your IG stories will be muted by default.
Turn off Sound while Uploading Instagram Stories
Are you trying to upload a story on Instagram without the sound effects? Then, you need to follow the steps below to turn off your story’s sound.
- On your Instagram app, tap the (+) symbol.
- Tap the “STORY” option.
- Upload a saved video or start the video recording.
- Mute the video promptly by touching the sound icon located at the top of the screen.
Now, you can upload your story on Instagram, which won’t have any sound.
Other Steps to Follow to Turn off Sound on Instagram Stories
Re-install or Update Instagram App
If the issue is still not resolved following the above-mentioned process, you can Re-install or update the Instagram app to fix the issue. To re-install, you need to uninstall the app from the App Store or Play Store. After that, you can download the Instagram app again and install it on your device.
On the other hand, you can update the Instagram app from the App Store or Play Store and see if the issue has been fixed. Otherwise, move to the next step.
Clear App Cache
- On Android
If you are an Android phone user, follow the below steps
- On your Android phone, open the settings.
- From the settings, go to Apps.
- From the app list, select Instagram.
- Now scroll down and tap Storage.
- Tap Clear data & Clear cache.
Once you clear the data all the application’s data will be deleted permanently. It includes the database, accounts, settings and all the files.
- On iPhone
iPhone users follow the below steps to clear the app cache.
- On your iPhone, go to settings.
- Click on the settings option in the settings area.
- You can find iPhone Storage there.
- In the Instagram storage section, you will find all the installed apps. Find the Instagram app and delete it from your phone. All the locally stored data will be deleted.
- Reinstall the app and, without any issues, start using it.
Unfortunately, Instagram has been unable to solve the issue for Android and iOS users. According to the recent statement of a Meta Person, “Due to a bug, some iOS users are experiencing an issue where sound is automatically on when viewing Stories — we’re working to fix the issue as soon as possible.” If you want to turn off sound on Instagram stories, use the silent option using the volume button down.