Usually, when you log out of an app, it doesn’t remember your login data and asks for credentials for further login. But apps like Instagram and Facebook make the login process easy by introducing the remember password feature.
These applications remember the information of your account to help log in easily by using a single tap. Although the practice is helpful, it can put your Instagram at risk if someone gets access to your phone.
So, if you’re in the same situation, here we’ve discussed how to remove a remembered account on Instagram for you. Let’s get started.
Remove A Remembered Account on Instagram from Android
If you use an Android phone to run Instagram, there are two different methods to remove Instagram remembered accounts from your device.
1. Log Out of Your Instagram Account
- Open your Instagram account.
- Tap on your profile picture from the bottom right corner.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top right side.
- Tap Settings> Logout.
- If you’ve multiple Instagram accounts, tap Log out of all accounts.
- Uncheck the box beside Remember my Login info from the pop-up confirmation box.
- Tap Log Out.
It will help to log out from all your Instagram accounts and Instagram won’t remember your login information anymore. It means you’ve removed all your remembered accounts successfully.
If you have already logged out from Instagram, it’s possible to remove the remembered Instagram accounts from the login screen by using the following steps.
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Your remembered Instagram account will be displayed on the login page.
- Tap on the three dots icon next to the Log In button.
- Tap on Remove.
You can try this method to remove your multiple remembered Instagram accounts.
2. Change Password on Instagram
If you change the password of your Instagram account, all your remembered Instagram accounts will be removed from all the other devices. It will only stay on your own device. It helps to restrict unwanted login if you have already logged into your Instagram from any other device. Here’s how to change your Instagram password.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Navigate to your profile page.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars icon from the top right side.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap Security> Password.
- Enter your Current password and give a New password.
- Type the new password again to confirm it.
- Once done, tap the tick mark on the top right corner to save the settings.
Remove A Remembered Account on Instagram through iPhone
If you use Instagram on iPhone, the process would be a little different from Android. It has a default feature called save login info that remembers an account after logout. So, you need to turn it off. Here’s how to do so,
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile icon from the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three horizontal bars on the top right side.
- Tap Settings> Privacy and Security> Saved Login info.
- Tap on Saved Login info and turn off the toggle switch beside it.
- Tap Remove when the pop-up confirmation message will appear.
- Go back to the Instagram Settings menu using the back arrow.
- Move down and tap Log out.
- Select Not now when the Remember Login info message pop-up on your screen to confirm log out.
Remove A Remembered Instagram Account Using PC
If you use Instagram on a PC, it means you’re using a web browser to access Instagram. Although the Instagram web version has very limited features, it lets users save their login info.
If you save your login information, your web browser will remember your account and you can easily log in to your account in the future without typing your username and password. Follow the steps below to remove the remembered accounts from a web browser.
- Open your Instagram account on a web browser.
- Click on your profile icon from the top right side and click Profile.
- On the profile page, click on the Gear icon next to Edit profile.
- Click on Log out.
- After logging out, you’ll see the Instagram login page that comes with both the Continue and Remove account options.
- Simply click on the Remove account option under Continue.
- Click Remove again on the pop-up confirmation box.
It will remove your remembered Instagram account and you need to enter your username and password for further login. But never save your login information again.
Remove A Remembered Instagram Account Using Facebook
You can log into Instagram by using your Facebook credentials as it owns Instagram. So, if you use Facebook to log in to your Instagram, follow the steps to remove a remembered Instagram account using Facebook.
- Open your Facebook account.
- Tap the three horizontal bars from the top right corner.
- Move down and tap Log out.
- After that, open the Instagram app. You’ll see that you’ve removed your remembered Instagram account.
- Now, you need to enter the login credentials again to log in to your Instagram account.
Remove A Remembered Account on Instagram by Clearing Cache
Generally, all your Instagram accounts login details are saved by Instagram under the app storage. So, clearing the app cache will help to remove all saved data and credentials from your device.
It means that your Instagram remembered account will also be removed with the clearance of saved account details. These are the steps.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Tap on Apps/Apps & notifications> Instagram> Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache or Clear Storage.
Now, open your Instagram and you’ll see that your saved Instagram account is removed.
That’s all. We’ve explained all the methods you can try to remove a remembered Instagram account. So, read the complete article and share your opinion with us in the comment box below.