Have you deleted a voicemail on your iPhone accidentally and wanted to retrieve it? If yes, you’re at the right place.
This issue is not rare. Apart from accidental deletion, some users have lost their voicemail for different reasons like formatting error, iOS update failure, software corruption, damaged device, reset, malicious apps, etc.
But don’t panic. In this guide, we’ll show you three easy methods on how to recover deleted voicemail on iPhone. The instructions apply to iPhone models running on iOS 10/11/12/13/14.
Can You Recover Deleted Voicemail on iPhone?
Yes, you can recover a voicemail that you’ve deleted on the iPhone. Apple’s iPhone has an in-built feature that you can use to undelete voicemails. You’ll be able to recover a voicemail within a certain time period depending on how long your carrier stores voicemail messages.
First, check that with your mobile carrier and then you can be sure if the lost voicemail can be recovered. Most carriers stores the voicemails for up to 30 days.
Now let’s follow the methods below to get back your deleted voicemails on iOS.
Method 1. How to Recover Deleted Voicemails on iPhone
If you have deleted a voicemail recently and want to recover it, follow the steps below:
1. Tap and open the Phone app.
2. Tap Voicemail at the lower-right corner.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Deleted Messages. You can see all the voicemail messages that you’ve deleted but are still on the phone.
4. Find and select the voicemail you want to recover.
5. Tap Undelete and the message will be in your regular voicemail inbox.
Method 2. Recover Deleted Voicemail on iPhone from iTunes
You can restore your permanently deleted voicemail from your iTunes backup if you’ve backed up the iPhone before losing voicemail. But make sure to take a backup of the existing data because the iTunes backup files will replace your existing data.
Here’s how you can retrieve iPhone voicemail from iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on a computer and connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
- Follow the steps shown on the screen and then choose your device.
- Click Summary and select the Restore Backup option.
- Select the backup file that you want to restore on your iPhone.
- Click Restore and wait for a few minutes till the backup is restored.
When it’s done, all data, including your lost voicemail, will now be restored on the iPhone.
Method 3. Recover Deleted Voicemail on iPhone from iCloud Backup
If iCloud is enabled on your iPhone, it automatically takes backup whenever you’re connected to WiFi. So, it becomes easier to restore backup on iPhone whenever needed.
Follow these steps below:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select General > Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your passcode of the iPhone and the phone’s settings will be erased.
- Now, follow the steps to set up and select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Log into your iCloud account and choose the backup you want to restore.
- Once it’s finished, all iCloud data will be restored on your iPhone. You can find the deleted voicemail on the device.
Note that recovering voicemail from iCloud needs you to erase all settings and data on your iPhone, which can’t be restored later. Even you can’t restore only the voicemail messages. So, if you’re unsure about whether you’ve made a backup on iCloud before deleting the voicemail, don’t try this method.
These are the quick methods for undeleting voicemails on iOS. Hope the article helps. If you’ve any suggestions, please share them with us using the comment box. If you’re interested to know more, read our articles on if I reset my iPhone will I lose everything, how to fix no sound on iPhone video, or how to fix iMessages not syncing between iPhone and mac.