Instagram is the most popular photo and video sharing social networking service that has beaten Twitter and other apps with over 1 billion active users.
Despite its popularity, many users have been facing the Instagram activity feed stop loading problem. If you’re a regular Instagram user, the possibility is to get the error message ‘couldn’t load activity’ at least once.
It can be very frustrating when you can’t reload or refresh your activity feed on Instagram. But the positive thing is that the problem can be fixed easily. So, read out the complete article to fix the Instagram activity feed error.
Why Instagram Couldn’t load Activity?
The Instagram couldn’t load activity message appears whenever the app gets stuck to connect to the server. It could happen due to the following reasons.
If the network connection you’re using is unstable, it can prevent posting or loading activity feed on Instagram.
Instagram doesn’t allow any third-party app to boost your post and increase your follower. If you’ve installed this kind of app, uninstall them to fix the issue.
Corrupted system data
Instagram stores online information and local data. Sometimes, corrupted data or a bug in the cache may block activity feed, Instagram stories, and direct messages from loading.
Your Instagram account marked as spam
In case you post any spam link or someone tagged you in a spam post, Instagram will mark your account as spam and limit your actions.
Fix The ‘Couldn’t Load Activity’ Error on Instagram
Now as you understand the causes of Instagram errors, you can try to fix the issue. In this section, we’ve mentioned some proven methods that will help to troubleshoot the error.
Change the Instagram Account Type
You can change your personal Instagram account to a professional Instagram account to eliminate the activity load error. Here’s how to do so,
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the hamburger menu from the top right corner.
- Tap Settings> Account> Switch to Professional Account if have a personal account.
- Similarly, tap Switch to Creator Account at the bottom if you have a business account.
Reset your Password
Instagram can ban your account temporarily if it detects any fraudulent login attempt from an unknown source. As a result, you’ll get a ‘Try again later’ message while logging in.
In that case, reset your Instagram password by using the following steps.
- Open Instagram and tap on your profile picture.
- Tap the three horizontal bars icon.
- Tap Settings> Security> Password.
- Now, type your current password and give a new password.
- Tap Save.
Create a New Instagram Account
If Instagram flagged your account as spam, the only option is to create a second Instagram account to avoid the couldn’t load activity error on Instagram.
Once you create a second Instagram account, try to visit your original account a couple of times in a month. Otherwise, Instagram will permanently delete your account without any previous notice.
Check your Network Connection
As previously mentioned, a poor network connection can be the main culprit behind this issue. In that case, try to restart your router or connect with a different network that is more stable than your current one.
Restart the App
Restarting the app is an age-old method that can easily fix the Instagram activity feed loading problem. All you need to close the app and remove all the tabs from your home screen. After that, open Instagram again with the appropriate credentials.
Login with Another Device
You can try logging in to your Instagram account from a different device. It sometimes works well to fix the Instagram activity issue. Before that, ensure to log out of your account from your usual device.
Now access your Instagram account from another device. After that, try again to log in to the account on your previous device. This may often fix the problem.
If you’re using an outdated Instagram app, it can stop your Instagram activity feed from loading. In such a case, you need to update the app with the latest version to run the function without any interruption. Following are the steps to update Instagram.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Tap Manage Apps And Device> Updates available.
- Find Instagram from the list.
- Tap on Update to get the latest version of the app.
- Open the App Store.
- Type Instagram in the search field to find it.
- Tap Update from the right of the app listing.
Clear the App Cache
Clearing Instagram cache and data often work magically to eliminate the issue. So, follow the steps.
- Go to Settings> Apps.
- Find Instagram from the list and tap on it.
- Tap on Internal Storage> Clear Cache.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to clear the app cache in your iPhone. However, You can remove or reinstall the app.
Restart your Device
Restarting your device is another way to fix temporary software glitches that might prevent Instagram from running smoothly. Simply restart your device and open your Instagram account with the proper email and password to check if the problem is fixed.
Uninstall Third-Party Application
Using a third-party app to increase likes or followers is completely against Instagram guidelines. Instagram can limit and permanently ban your account if it detects any kind of use of such apps.
Hence, uninstall the third-party apps connected to Instagram to quickly fix the issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall Instagram
Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling Instagram helps to fix in-app bugs and resolves the activity load issue. To uninstall and reinstall Instagram,
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon until the pop-up menu appears.
- Tap on the info (i) icon from the menu
- Tap Uninstall
- Now, go to Play Store or App Store and search Instagram to download the app.
- Find the Instagram app on your Home Screen or App Library.
- Tap and hold the Instagram icon until the menu appears or apps start to jiggle.
- Tap Remove App or (-) minus icon.
- Once done, go to the App Store and search for Instagram.
- Tap on Get when you find the app and authorize the download and installation procedure via either Apple ID password, facial identification, or touch identification.
Contact Instagram Support
If you’re still getting the activity load error, contact the Instagram official support team for help. You can contact them through their Twitter account. Otherwise, you can take a screenshot of your problem and report it from your Instagram app.
This is it. These are the proven methods to fix the Instagram activity load error. Try out all these fixes and check what works well for you. If you’ve any further queries, share them with us in the comment box below.