Suppose someone has blocked you on Android or iPhone messaging or apps and now you urgently need to contact them. Generally, you won’t understand if a person blocks you from communicating with them on most iPhone and Android apps. Most of these apps prevent you from making further communication once you get blocked. So, how to deal with this problem? There are various ways to text someone who blocked you on Android, iPhone, and social media apps.
Before getting started, ensure that you truly get blocked from sending messages
- If you’re getting “Message not delivered” or no notification that your message was delivered on your mobile, it indicates that your number might be blocked. In case you try to call the person but are unable to reach him/her, it proves that he/she has actually blocked your number.
- If you find all of your messages on social media marked as not delivered and you can’t see the profile or any details of the person, it means you have been blocked on social media.
Now that you get confirmation that you were blocked, let’s find out how to text someone who blocked you on Android and iPhone apps.
How to Text Someone Who Blocked You
Use Another Phone Number
If you can’t contact a person from your principal phone number, try to send a message using another phone number. If you don’t have an alternate phone number, use the phone of your family member or friend or buy a SIM card to communicate with them.
Alternatively, you can use Google Voice, Skype, or similar apps to set up an extra phone number on your device. You can even get a burner phone number if you don’t want to disclose your original secondary number.
Use Social Media or Instant Messaging Apps
If an Android user blocks your number, you won’t be able to contact them through cellular calls, SMS, or RCS messaging. On the other hand, if your number gets blocked by an iPhone user, you won’t be able to contact the person through cellular calls, iMessage, SMS, or FaceTime.
Nevertheless, you can still make communication with the person using third-party instant messaging apps like Telegram, WhatsApp, and Signal. If you get blocked in these messaging apps as well, ask one of your mutual friends to add both of you to a group chat.
Moreover, you can contact them using social media platforms like Facebook Messenger, Twitter, or Instagram. If they blocked you on social media as well, use a different Facebook or Instagram account to message them. Find the phone number of the person on these apps and send them a text. Your text will be delivered if they haven’t blocked you on the platform.
Use Anonymous Messaging Services
There is no need for a new SIM card or additional software to text a person who has blocked you. Online services like AnonymousText.com allows sending anonymous text messages to both local and international numbers. You can even send free messages anonymously to US mobile numbers using TextforFree. Another online messaging service that you can try is Send Anonymous SMS.
TextforFree and SendAnonymousSMS both are completely free to use. But if you use Anonymoustext to send messages, it will ask for a $1.49 one-time payment. If you type more than 160 characters, you need to pay $0.50 for every extra 150 characters.
You can access these services by using any web browser on your PC, tablet, or mobile.
Use Text Messaging Apps
Text messaging and voice calling apps like SpoofCard let you create virtual phone numbers to keep your personal data safe. You can use the virtual number to message or call the person who has blocked you. You can find the SpoofCard application on both Google Play Store and App Store. It even allows trying the features for free but you’ll need to purchase the app credits to send messages from your virtual phone number.
Use iMessage Address
If your iMessage phone number is blocked by someone, you can communicate with them using your Apple ID email address. But make sure that your iPhone or iPad can start conversations via your email address.
Navigate to Settings> Messages> Send & Receive and choose your preferable iMessage email address. After that, select the email address again from the “Start New Conversations From” section.
When you see a checkmark beside the selected email address, go ahead and send a text message to the specific person.
Note: If the person you’re trying to send the message doesn’t have saved your email address on their device, the messages might not get delivered. The same can happen if the person blocked your email address as well on their device.
Hide Caller ID and Call the Person
If you’re still facing issues while texting someone, try to call them. If your call repeatedly goes to voicemail, it means the person has blocked you. In that case, you need to disable your caller ID.
If you’re an iPhone or iPad user, navigate to Settings> Phone> Show my caller ID and turn off Show my Caller ID.
The process of hiding caller ID on Android Phones depends on the model of the device and the version of the operating system. However, the option to hide caller ID is generally found in the dialer app menu or in your phone.
In case you have the email ID of the specific person, you can mail them. If your mail doesn’t get delivered it means the person blocked your email address as well.
How to Text Someone Who Blocked You on Different Devices and Apps
Text Someone Who Blocked You on Android
In order to text someone who blocked you on Android, follow the steps.
- Download and install the SpoofCard App on your mobile.
- Open the app and select SpoofText on the navigation page.
- Tap on New Spoof Text.
- Now, in the blank space, enter the number of the person you want to send a message to. Then type your message and send it.
Apart from that, you can even use the anonymous texting services mentioned above to send messages to someone who has blocked you.
Text a Person Who Blocked You on iPhone’s iMessage
All you need is to change the called ID to send messages to someone who blocked you on your iPhone’s iMessage. Here’s how to do so:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Select Messages and tap on Send & Receive.
- Look for You Can Be Reached By iMessage At and tap it.
- Tap on Add another email.
- Enter a new email address and verify the address.
- Now, navigate to Start New Conversations from and choose the new email that you just added.
Text Someone Who Blocked You on WhatsApp
You can use the following two ways.
Delete and reinstall your Whatsapp account: You have to delete your Whatsapp account to message a person who blocked your number on Whatsapp. For that, open Whatsapp and tap the three dots icon> Settings> Account> Delete my account. Now type your phone number along with the reason why you want to delete your account and click Delete my account. Once done, install the application again and try messaging that person. Since you’ve deleted your WhatsApp account, you should be able to send texts to anyone.
Ask a mutual friend to add the person to a group: You can ask a mutual friend to add the person who blocked you on WhatsApp. Otherwise, you ask your friend to create a group and add both you and the person. It’ll help to message the specific person in a group.
Contact Someone Who Blocked You On Instagram
In case someone has blocked your account on Instagram, you won’t be able to communicate with them through your Instagram account. But there are other ways to message them.
- You can create a new Instagram account and message the users from that account. It’s the easiest way that you can consider to request them to unblock your account.
- You can even message the person by using one of your friend’s accounts.
- You can communicate with the person via phone number and politely ask to unblock our account.
Send a Message to Someone Who Blocked You on Snapchat
Like Instagram, Snapchat doesn’t allow you to message a person directly if they block you. In that case, you can try the following tricks.
- Create another Snapchat account and add the person who blocked your previous account. Then, simply message them and request them to unblock your previous account.
- If you and the person have a mutual friend, ask the friend to resolve the issue and inform the other person to unblock your Snapchat account.
- You can even request the person by messaging other social media platforms of that person.
That’s all. These are some ways that you can try to text someone who blacked you. Try the above-mentioned methods and let us know your feedback in the comment box below.