Nowadays, smartphones are playing a vital role in our daily life. We depend on a smartphone almost for everything like receiving emails, making transactions and purchases, etc. It has even replaced many other devices such as an mp3 player, torch, calculator, and even an alarm clock.
The Alarm Clock app comes with every smartphone that contains various functions including the primary ringing at a certain time like customizable snooze, multiple alarms, and different alarm tones. Almost every people now trust this digital alarm instead of a physical alarm clock.
But if the alarm clock suddenly stops working on your Android device, it can affect your sleep schedule. Luckily, you can quickly fix this issue with a few easy methods.
How to Fix Alarm Not Working on Android?
Don’t be irritated by the Alarm not working issue on your Android. Here are a few possible fixes to resolve the problem and get your alarm clock back to work.
1. Restart The Phone
The first and foremost thing that you can try to fix any kind of problem with an electric device is to restart them. You can do the same with your phone. According to a study, people usually don’t restart their phones which causes problems like slow speed and lagging. So, restarting your phone at least once a week could help your phone to run smoothly and increase the battery life.
2. Check the Alarm Volume
Most Android phones come with a separate volume control setting for alarms. If you unconsciously set the settings on silent or at a low volume, then you won’t be able to hear the alarm. So, make sure that you’ve increased the alarm volume to the maximum.
If there’s no independent soundbar present on your phone for an alarm, increase all the available volume options. It’ll ensure that your alarm will run at a high volume when you need it. Following are the steps to check your alarm sound settings.
- Go to the Settings of your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on Sound & vibration.
- You will see three types of volume options on your phone.
- Now, set the sound of your alarm to a maximum.
3. Check Alarm Notification
The alarm can stop working if the notifications on your Android phone are turned off. If you’ve disabled the permission to display notifications for the clock app, then the alarm notification won’t ring. Here are the steps to check the notifications.
- Open your phone Settings.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Search for the Clock app from the list.
- Tap on the notification and turn on the toggle switch.
- Scroll down and tap on Alarm under Notifications and check other options like priority and more. (These options can vary from device to device)
4. Clear the App Cache and Data
Another reason for the Alarm not working on Android is due to the corrupted cache and unnecessary junk data. Clearing the cache and the storage data can help resolve the issue.
Follow the steps below to clear the app cache and data,
- Go to phone Settings.
- Tap on Apps & notifications.
- Select Clock> Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache & Clear Data.
- Now, restart your phone and check if the alarm is working properly.
5. Turn Off DND Settings
DND or Do Not Disturb is undoubtedly a crucial feature that you can use to cut the connection from the outside world. But it can sometimes cause problems for other apps, including the clock app. To resolve this issue,
- Open Settings and tap on Sound and Vibration.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb. You can also type the Do Not Disturb on the search box to find the feature.
- After that, tap on See all Exceptions.
- Now, choose Alarm within the See All Exceptions options and ensure that the toggle switch is turned on.
6. Reset the Clock App Preference
Resetting the app preferences is another method that you can try to eliminate the alarm not working issue. It will reset all your phone settings and won’t make any changes to your personal data. Once it resets all the settings, the alarm clock will start working properly. For that,
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Apps> Manage apps.
- Tap on the three dots icon located at the top right corner.
- Tap Reset App Preference and tap Reset Apps.
7. Uninstall Your Clock App Updates
Honestly, this option may vary based on your device. Sometimes the newest updates of apps might be incompatible with an older version of Android. Therefore, uninstalling the latest updates of your clock app might help to resolve the problem. Here’s how to do so,
- Go to Settings> Apps & Notifications (This option may vary from device to device)
- Select Clock from the list.
- Tap on the three dots icon from the top right corner.
- Tap Uninstall updates.
Now, restart the clock app, and it must fix the “alarm not working” issue on Android quickly.
8. Force Stop the Clock App
Sometimes, certain bugs can be responsible for the alarm not ringing issue. You can’t even uninstall the application as it’s the default application of your device. In that case, you can force stop the app to bring your clock application back to its original version. It may easily resolve the “Alarm clock not working” issue.
In order to Force Stop the Clock App, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings.
- Select Apps & notifications> Clock.
- Now, tap on the Force Stop option.
9. Install a New Clock App
If nothing works for you, then you can install a third-party alarm clock application from the Google Play Store. There are a variety of Clock apps available for Android users that offers more features than the default clock app. Here we’ve suggested some of the best Android Clock apps.
- Alarm Clock Xtreme.
- Alarm Clock for Heavy Sleepers
- Big Digital Clock
- Alarm Clock for Me
- Digital Clock by Panagola.
- Google Clock
An Alarm clock is undoubtedly an important feature of a Smartphone that plays a vital role in our regular life. Since it’s a simple app, there are no serious reasons behind Alarm not working on Android. It mainly happens due to some changes of the settings.
Hopefully, these aforementioned methods will help to fix the Alarm not working issue on your Android. If you’ve any further queries, do let us know in the comment box below.