Do you want to know if it is possible to find an Apple Watch even after the battery dies?
To tell you the truth, Apple states there is no other option other than physically searching for your Apple Watch if it’s completely discharged. However, there are ways to track and find offline or switched off Apple Watches.
If you’re now reading this guide, it means you probably lost your Apple Watch and the battery might get discharged. If that’s the case, don’t worry. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to find Apple Watch if dead using the “Find My” feature.
The “Find My” feature of Apple is a really cool tool that can be used to track and find any lost Apple devices, even if it is turned off. However, in order to track your Apple Watch, ensure to enable the “Find My” option first. Otherwise, there’s no way to find it.
How to Enable Find My Feature on Apple Watch?
It’s must for Apple users to enable the Find My feature as it helps to track and find misplaced Apple devices. It’s very easy and won’t take much time. Following are the steps to enable the feature on your Apple Watch.
- Go to Settings of your device.
- You can see your name at the top of the screen, tap on it and proceed to the next page.
- Now tap on Find My.
- Next, tap on the Find My iPhone option.
- Make sure to turn on Enable Offline Finding or Find My Network to track your device if it’s lost, stolen or discharged.
- Finally, turn on the Send Last Location and you are good to go.
In this way, you’ll be able to turn on the “Find My” feature on your Apple Watch and any other Apple devices that share the same Apple ID.
How to Find a Dead Apple Watch?
As you’ve understood the process to enable the Find My feature on your Apple Watch or iPhone, it will probably the easiest way to find out your missing Apple Watch even if it’s dead. Hence, Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open Find My app on your iPad or iPhone
- Tap on Devices section from the menu.
- You will see a map displaying all your Find My option enabled devices.
- If your Apple Watch is switched off or discharged, on the map you will see a blank screen.
- Choose your Apple Watch from the list and tap on Directions to get walking or driving direction to find the watch.
- In case your Apple Watch is offline, but the battery is active, use the Play Sound option to locate it.
- Otherwise, if your Apple Watch is switched off or discharged, enable the option Notify When Found to location update on your iPhone or iPad whenever it gets turned on.
On a Computer
You can access the Find My feature from your computer as well. All you need is to log onto your iCloud account. Here’s how to do so,
- Visit iCloud.com.
- Type your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the verification code that you’ll receive on your iPhone.
- Select Find iPhone.
- A map pop-up will appear.
- Click on All Devices from the top of the page.
- Click on the dot that showing your Apple Watch.
Now, you’ve understood how to find a dead Apple Watch. Nevertheless, if you don’t have an iPhone or iPad to track your lost Apple Watch, you can use someone else’s device to track the lost watch. Read the next section to know the process in detail.
How to Find Your Lost Apple Watch Using Someone Else’s Device?
- Open the Find My app on someone else’s iOS device.
- Tap on the Me tab on your screen and tap Help a Friend section.
- Tap on Use Different Apple ID.
- Log in to your iCloud account that you’ve used to set Find My.
- Next, you have to follow the same steps mentioned in the previous segment to know the last-known location of your Apple Watch.
- Don’t forget to log out once you finished tracking your Apple Watch.
Thus, you can easily find your lost Apple Watch using someone else’s Apple device.
How to Turn on Lost Mode on Apple Watch
Apple Watches can be placed in Lost Mode to prevent theft and notify the owner if they are found.When “Mark As Lost” is activated, the watch will be remotely locked and a personalized message and your phone number will be displayed on the screen. This will help the person to reach you to give the watch.
Here are steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone and iPad.
- At the bottom of the page, tap the Select Devices option.
- From the list, choose your lost Apple Watch.
- Tap on Activate under the Mark as Lost section and hit Continue.
- Confirm again that you want the device to be marked as lost.
- Enter the phone number you wish to be displayed on your Apple Watch if it gets found.
- You can use the Apple’s default message or any personalized message to be displayed on the screen on your Apple Watch.
- Now, tap on Activate.
Hopefully, you already understood how important it is to enable the “Find My” feature on all your Apple devices to track and find them. The same needs to be done in order to find your Apple Watch even if it’s dead.
That’s it. We hope this article has provided proper guidance to use Find My app so that you can easily use the app to find your lost Apple Watch. If you find this article helpful, you can also read our article on how to delete workout from Apple Watch.