If you want to restrict sensitive content on an iPhone, this guide will show you how to block adult websites on your iPhone.
Nowadays, mobiles have become one of the most integral commodities in our daily life. Children are especially found to be hooked to mobile, which is indeed a matter of concern. Therefore, you can enable restrictions to ensure that your children never see any adult websites while using your iPhone.
Here, we’ve curated a list of easy ways that you should try to block adult websites on your iPhone and provide internet safety for your children.
How to Block Adult websites on iPhone
iPhones and iPads come with parental control features that let the users limit adult content on their iOS devices.
Here’s how to use it:
1. Open your iPhone Settings
2. Tap on Screen Time.
3. Tap on the Content & Privacy Restrictions option.
4. Toggle on the slider next to the Content & Privacy Restrictions and type your Screen Time password.
5. Now, tap on the Content Restrictions option.
6. Find and tap on the Web Content option.
7. On the next screen, select how you want to limit web access.
Limit Adult Websites: If you choose this option, it will block adult sites that contain nudity and pornography. You can add more specific sites to keep them permanently blocked or allowed.
Allowed Websites Only: This opinion lets you customize a list of websites you want to allow.
How to Block Specific Websites on an iPhone
If there is any specific website that you think is harmful to your child, you can set up further restrictions to block that individual site on your iPhone. To do that,
1. Follow the above steps and tap on the Limit Adult Websites.
2. You’ll see two different categories Always Allow and Never Allow.
3. Tap on Add Website under Never Allow, and you’ll be redirected to a new window.
4. Now, type the URL of the specific website that you want to restrict.
5. Once you’ve added the website, tap Done.
Now, open Safari and try loading the restricted site to make sure that you have blocked them successfully. If the site is blocked, you’ll see a message saying the device doesn’t have permission to access this website.
How to Allow Only Specific Websites to be Viewed on an iPhone
You can use this method to ensure your iPhone will not open any forbidden websites other than the allowed sites. For that,
1. Follow the steps to block adult websites on your iPhone and select Web Content.
2. Select Allowed Websites Only.
3. Now, your iPhone will block all the sites that are not presented in the Allowed websites list.
4. Tap on the Add Websites option located at the bottom of the screen.
5. Type the website Title and URL that you want to allow.
6. Tap Done and tap Web Content from the top to return to the previous screen.
That’s it. Alhough is definitely changing the way people learn and know about things today, adult-orienetd content can be dangerous for people, especially for children. Therefore, it’s necessary to limit what they view. Hopefully, now you’ll be able to restrict websites on your iPhone by using any of these methods mentioned in this article. Thanks for reading!