Are you getting high ping while playing Roblox games? Is your Roblox lagging too much? Lag can be very devastating and you’re not alone who’s facing this trouble.
Roblox is a global gaming platform and game creation system used by millions of players daily. You can program games, play games created by others and have fun with friends from different communities. You can even download Robloxplayer.exe file to play Roblox games on computer. Overall, this is a platform created by gamers for gamers.
However, it’s not without flaws and one of the problems you often encounter is Roblox high ping. If you’re connected to a wireless network while playing Roblox games, the high ping could be occurred due to wireless obstructions. A high ping spike like over 1000 ms can cause a drastic frame drop making it impossible to play.
But relax. Here you can find the solutions to fix Roblox ping problems.
Why is my ping in Roblox so high?
Your ping in Roblox is so high because of slow Wi-Fi connection, network congestion, interference in the wireless network, limited internet connectivity, etc. Sometimes, if the Roblox site gets damaged or the server is down, it can trigger the issue.
Let’s take a closer look at the factors causing high ping on Roblox:
- Slow Wi-Fi connection to Roblox in terms of speed and signal.
- Network congestion occurs when a network carries more load than it can handle, meaning there’re excessive devices on that network.
- Limited internet connectivity is caused by an ISP restriction or a corrupted network driver.
- Interference in your Wi-Fi connection can happen due to barriers like walls, buildings, microwaves, satellite dishes, neighboring Wi-Fi networks, etc.
- Roblox graphics has been set too high for your device. It can cause overheating in GPU and hence, the game lags.
- There may be a server outage on Roblox and maintenance is scheduled. Therefore, there’re some disruptions in games.
- Roblox may crash during gaming and display a graphic error. Outdated software or faulty drivers may be the reason.
- Selecting another region instead of your own leads to slow latency and server failure. So, selecting the correct server can lower down ping.
How to lower Roblox ping
Here are the solutions for you to lower Roblox ping.
1. Reset Home Network
If you don’t reset your home network often, the router and modem may become unresponsive for overheating. It can cause high ping problems on Roblox.
Before proceeding to an advanced solution, try resetting the home network. Here’re the quick steps:
- Unplug your router or modem from the power socket and leave it for 60 seconds.
- Plug back in the network devices and wait for the indicator light to turn on.
Now, launch Roblox and check if the Roblox high ping problem is resolved. If not, move to the next solution.
2. Close Unwanted Applications and Programs
If you have too many background applications and programs running on the device, it might consume the bandwidth causing a high ping on Roblox. Closing them can free up system resources for other applications.
Here’s how to do it from Task Manager:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and select Task Manager to open it.
- In the new window, click the Network tab to sort programs by bandwidth consumption.
- Right-click on the program and choose End task. Repeat this step to close all unwanted programs running in the background.
Now, restart a game and see if the high ping is lowered in Roblox.
3. Check Security Software Permission
If your computer has multiple security software and programs installed, check if Roblox has complete permission. In many cases, Windows Firewall restricts certain programs or their online activities.
You also need to check antivirus software permission. Though they don’t restrict you from accessing online services, they may limit your access.
In short, ensure that Roblox is not blocked by the antivirus software or Firewall.
4. Update Roblox-Related Services
Sometimes Roblox high ping can arise if you’re using an outdated software and device driver on the computer. For this reason, you need to update and install the latest versions of Roblox-related services.
- Update your Windows OS version.
- Update graphics card driver and network driver.
- Update your game files, including any available patches.
- Update the gaming platform on which you run Roblox.
5. Enable VPN
Enabling VPN can help you play games in a different region if the Roblox ping is high in your region.
To do that,
- Buy a premium version of a VPN.
- Download and install VPN on your device.
- Deploy the VPN connection for your Windows computer.
- Sign into the account.
- Choose a server from the list suitable to you.
- Open Roblox and check if that helps.
If you don’t know which VPN service to use, here’re some top picks for you:
- Surfshark VPN
- Cyber Ghost
6. Reduce Wi-Fi Signal Interferences
If you’re playing games on Roblox using a Wi-Fi connection, the high ping problem may also be occurred due to signal interferences.
Following these tips below can help you avoid wireless interferences and strengthen the signal:
- Reposition the Wi-Fi router in a different location. Ideally, you can set up the router within 3-5 meters of the computer.
- If your Wi-Fi router supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, connect your device to 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz.
- Move away other electronic devices (like cordless phones), metal objects (refrigerator or microwave), etc., from the router because they interfere with the signal.
- Update your Wi-Fi router’s firmware.
7. Lower the Roblox Graphics Settings
There’s another easy solution to lower Roblox ping and that is by lowering the graphics quality. You may be surprised, but this process has helped some players. So, give it a try.
- Open a game on Roblox and click Play to continue.
- Open the in-experience menu by pressing the Esc key.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Check the graphics level under the GRAPHICS section.
- To lower the graphics settings, toggle off the Graphics Quality-Auto option. Now, make the adjustments to lower graphics quality for Roblox.
8. Flush DNS
The high ping in Roblox can be caused due to corrupted DNS cache. If there’s a heavy amount of DNS cache, it can affect the internet connection and cause lags. So, it’s advisable to flush DNS.
1. Type cmd in the Windows Search box and open Command Prompt as an admin.
2. In the elevated Command Prompt window, enter the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
3. Reboot your computer and launch Roblox to see if the high ping issue is fixed.
Hopefully, one of these solutions fixed the high ping issue for you. If you know any more solutions, please share them with us in the comment box. Also, if you’re wondering whether or not it’s possible to play Roblox on Nintendo Switch, check this article. Thank you for reading.