If you’re an Android user, you might have encountered the Mobile Network State Disconnected error at least once. It’s a very common issue among Android users.
It may happen for many reasons and prevent you from accessing the internet from your mobile data. Sometimes, it can also block the complete mobile network.
In this article, we’ll discuss what is Mobile Network State Disconnected and how you can solve it.
What is Mobile Network State Disconnected Error?
The mobile network state disconnected is an error that appears when the SIM card can’t register to the mobile network. This issue may happen when your device doesn’t display the network icon and the internet connection of your phone is totally disconnected.
It could happen for various reasons. It could occur if you’re using a 3G SIM card to a 4G or 5G network-supported handset where the carrier you’re using supports 3G,4G, and 5G in your location. In that case, your SIM network will try to connect with the 4G or 5G network as both your phone and carrier support 4G and 5G. It means the 3G SIM card of your phone will try to connect to the 4G/5G network, which will create a network conflict.
The problem could also happen if the network provider forgets to enable the SIM card of your phone. Since there are various causes, there are also different ways to resolve this error.
How to Fix Mobile Network State Disconnected Error?
Sometimes, the mobile network state disconnected problem can be solved by using simple methods. These fixes work for every common mobile brand, Sprint, T Mobile, and AT&T. Hence, try these easy steps first to eliminate the above issue.
- Ensure that the SIM card is activated and inserted properly on your phone.
- Mobile network state disconnected issue also occurs if your mobile data is not connected. Probably someone disconnects the mobile network from APN settings. So, check that the settings of APN are displaying connected.
- Finally, check the airplane mode of your device. If the airplane mode is on, it turns off the mobile data. Therefore, the device can’t connect with the network, resulting in the mobile network state disconnected problem.
1. Restart the Device
The first thing you can try is to restart your Android device. It helps to close all the previously opened apps and services and resolves almost every issue. So, restart your mobile by using the steps below.
- Press and hold the power button until you see the options.
- Tap on Restart or Reboot.
- Once the process is finished, check if the issue gets resolved.
2. Change the mobile network to 3G
It’s possible that you’re using a 3G SIM card when your Android device supports a 4G or 5G network, the problem may arouse. In that case, you have to change the data network from 4G/5G to 3G. Here’s how to do so,
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Tap on Connection> Mobile network.
- Tap Network mode and Choose CDMA 3G mode.
- Now, try to connect to the mobile network.
3. Use a Different SIM card
If you’re still facing the problem even after restarting the device, you should check whether or not your mobile is working properly. To do so, try to insert a different SIM card on your mobile. If your handset is connected to the network, it means there is no problem with your mobile.
4. Deactivate the WiFi connection
Only a few Android phones can connect with both WiFi and mobile data simultaneously. So, if your phone by default connects to a WiFi connection, the mobile data will be automatically disabled and vice versa. In that case, you must turn off the WiFi connection to let the mobile data work properly. For that,
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Connection> WiFi.
- Turn off the toggle switch besides WiFi.
- Enable the Airplane mode for 30 seconds, then disable it again.
- Now, turn on the mobile data and check if the issue is fixed.
5. Reset APN Settings Of Your Mobile
Access Point Name or APN on your mobile has all the data that helps you to make data links with your device, including web browsing.
In case you bought a new Android phone or a new 4G SIM, the APN settings are either incorrect or empty. So, you need to make them correct. To do so,
- Open Settings on your mobile.
- Go to Connections > Mobile Networks.
- Tap Access Point Names.
- Tap the three vertical dots from the top right side
- Tap Reset To Default.
6. Reset your Mobile Network
In many cases, resetting the mobile networks helps to solve many network-related issues. But remember resetting the network will remove all your data from any linked devices or networks. You can use the following steps to reset your mobile network.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Connections> Reset WiFi, mobile networks and Bluetooth.
- Tap Reser settings at the bottom.
- After that, enter your password and confirm the reset.
7. Use Network Signal Booster
Sometimes a poor and unstable network signal can be responsible for the issue. In such a case, you can use a network signal booster device to increase the network speed. The network boost helps to boost the quality of the network signal on both Android and iOS devices.
Hence, it’s better to use a signal booster to avoid the poor signal issue. There are many network signal boosters available in the market and most of them are compatible with the local mobile carriers.
8. Uninstall Antivirus Software
People often installed antivirus software on their phones for security purpose. But some of these apps can create interference with the mobile network. These applications could block your network settings. So, if you’ve installed any software like that, uninstall it immediately.
On the other hand, Android doesn’t need any antivirus software as its operating system is based on Linux.
9. Turn Off VPN
Turning off the VPN most of the time works to solve the network issue. Here’s how to do so,
- Go to Settings.
- Search for VPN.
- Tap on it to turn it off.
The mobile network state disconnected error could occur with any service provider or any mobile device. As mentioned earlier, it can happen due to various reasons. If you already tried the above fixes and still facing the problem, contact your SIM card provider. You can connect them via mail or call by using the details mentioned on your SIM card box. But before that make sure your mobile is working properly.
Hopefully, this guide will be helpful for you. If you’ve any further queries or suggestions, comment down them in the box below.