TikTok is a short-form video-sharing platform where over 1 million videos are viewed each day. With so many viewers, it becomes hard to stand out and therefore, it’s critical to know how the videos are performing. So, you can measure success to boost growth and maintain your audience engagement.
Thankfully, TikTok allows you to check view counts on the videos. But unfortunately, you can’t track down the particular accounts viewing your TikTok videos.
Don’t worry as there’s a workaround to discover who looked at your videos. Keep reading this article to get details.
Can you see who viewed your TikTok videos?
No. TikTok doesn’t have a feature that allows you to see which users have viewed your videos. It means while you can’t see who is viewing your videos, your viewing on others’ videos also will be unknown.
Rather than seeing who viewed your videos on TikTok, you can only see how many times your videos have been viewed by users.
You can also see the comments and collaboration or duets with that videos under the Activity tab.
How to see your TikTok video views
Though you can’t track the users who have viewed your videos, you can still see the video views. Tracking the video views is necessary to be successful on this platform. TikTok uses a complex algorithm to filter out the most popular videos depending on the view counts to make these appear on the For You page.
To see the number of TikTok video views, follow the steps below:
1. Open TikTok and tap the Me icon in the lower-left corner to go to your profile.
2. Under Edit Profile, tap the six vertical lines (Timeline icon) to check all your videos.
3. You may not see who views the videos, but you can see the number of views in the lower-left corner on every video.
This count is important to evaluate your video’s performance on TikTok. That means if the count is low, you can use trending hashtags, make the content exciting or collaborate with an influencer to increase views.
How to check your TikTok analytics for videos
To check your TikTok analytics for videos, here’s what you can do:
1. On the TikTok app, tap the Me icon.
2. Select the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner to open Settings.
3. Search and tap Creator tools.
4. Select Analytics.
5. If it’s disabled, tap the Turn on button. Now you will get insights about your profile.
6. Under the Overview tab, you can check the Video views for your TikTok profile. You can further check which videos have been popular for a selected time range under the Content tab and insight into your followers under the Followers tab.
How to control who views your TikToks
If you don’t wish to share content with everyone, you can make the TikTok account private. Thus, you can control the privacy and viewers on your TikTok profile.
To do that,
- Tap the Me icon.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner and open Settings and privacy.
- Choose Privacy and toggle the switch beside Private account.
You can also choose who can view your TikTok videos by adjusting the privacy setting for the posted video. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the video for which you want to update the privacy setting.
- Tap the three-dot icon next to it.
- Select Privacy settings below.
- Tap Who can watch this video.
- Now, select a privacy setting as per your preference.
Knowing who viewed the videos on TikTok may be helpful, but the platform doesn’t give this ability to its users. You can only check how many times the videos have been viewed, not the particular users. Still, you can take the help of the Analytics feature and check the comments and followers closely to get an idea.