Blackboard DCCCD or “Blackboard Dallas Country Community College” is an online educational portal that provides students with different educational facilities. Students can select their preferred courses, pay tuition charges online, apply for enrollment, certification, view teacher’s details, etc.
The online system of DCCCD, powered by Blackboard is so powerful that it makes all basic and essential facilities easy to access.
What are the prerequisites to apply to DCCCD eCampus?
- You have to be 18 or above if you are about to apply to the DCCCD campus for the first time.
- You need to have IBD (International Baccalaureate Diploma) and G.E.D (General Education Diploma).
- You need to complete your graduation from a registered secondary school.
- As you are going to apply for higher education, you need to have an open mind.
- If you are applying for the first time, you need to submit all the previous documents.
- Do not get confused between DCCCD and double-credit secondary schools.
- You must adhere to SOPs that are critical to your health and the health of others.
How to login to Blackboard DCCCD for the first time?
You can log into the Blackboard DCCCD using the following ways:
Use Dallas College password
Using the Dallas College password that has been provided to you, you can log into the Blackboard DCCCD portal. In case you do not remember the password you can reset it using the “Forgot Password” link.
You will be given three options in which you have to choose one based on your requirements.
- “Yes, I have enrolled in SSPR.” (password can be reset using SSPR)
- “No, I have not enrolled in SSPR.” (if you select the option, you can reset the password via eConnect)
- “I don’t know. What is SSPR?”
Once you select an option, click on the mentioned link to get redirected to the forgotten password page. Here, you have to enter your username or Gmail.
Then, solve the captcha by entering the words and numbers using the image or listening to the sound. Click on “Next” and follow the instructions on your screen.
Use the Username to Log In
You can use the Dallas College username and password to log in. You have to go to https://dccd.edu/e-campus and enter your username and password to log in to the portal.
When you have the Dallas College username and password, it is really easy to log in to DCCCD on Blackboard.
The “Username” tab contains two distinct sections. The first one will address the students, while the second one will be specifically for the faculty. Pick the option that most closely reflects who you are.
Student email addresses will be in the format @student.dcccd.edu, while faculty and staff addresses will be in the format dcccd.edu. Additionally, student usernames begin with the letter “e,” while faculty usernames begin with the letter “ABC.”
To access your courses, all you need to do is:
- Go to eCampus.dcccd.edu.
- Click on “Access My Courses Now.”
- Enter your Dallas College username and password.
- Click “Sign In.”
Sign out and close the session
Leaving the DCCCD eCampus requires logging out of the DCCCD Backboard system. Leaving eCampus entirely is the only way to finish your session. Here are the steps you should take to do that.
- Click on the “Logout” button from the top-right corner.
- When you log out, a “message on the board” will be displayed.
- Click on the “End Single Sign-On Session” option on the next screen.
- Once you are done, close the browser.
Why is my eCampus not working?
In case you are not able to log in or log out to eCampus, there can be different reasons behind that. The common reasons are
- If you are not using the browsers that Blackboard DCCCD allows, you cannot log in to eCampus. You need to use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge 2 to access eCampus.
- Sometimes, due to the web browser’s cache and cookies, eCampus might not work on your device. In order to solve the issue, you need to clear the cache and cookies.
- If you have not registered yourself for online education in DCCCD, then you will have problems accessing eCampus. You can register for online education by visiting https://www.dallascollege.edu/admissions/pages/admissions-offices.aspx.
- If you are a faculty of DCCCD, make sure your course is available on eCampus and you are listed as an instructor.
What are the benefits of using DCCCD?
- It helps students to learn something with the visual presentation of the subjects.
- As it provides a visual representation of the material, students can easily remember this.
- Students that retain information better through visual means may benefit from this.
- Students that have problems remembering can benefit from this strategy.
- It might give the educator insight into the understanding level of the class.
That is all you need to know about one of the best educational platforms in the USA, known as Blackboard DCCCD. Hopefully, now you’ll be able to register or login to the Blackboard DCCCD eCampus without any inconvenience.